So, you have planned your trip to the famous Kullu Manali, and are deciding on things to undertake. Well, there are a plethora of things to explore in this beautiful hill station. Set amidst the perfect backdrop of the Himalayan mountains, the beas river and some dense forests, the spectacular views are one of the main reasons why tourists visit here. But apart from these scenes, Kullu Manali gives you ample opportunities to indulge in crazy activities. Yes, you heard it right. From sporting adventure sports like skiing and paragliding, to enjoying the countryside in its raw form, the place is a treat for those who want to do something a little different during their vacation. And in case you are one of them, feel free to browse through our list of six crazy things that promise you an adventurous experience.
- A Ride in Cable Car- If you want to view the views of Kullu Manali from a height of 500 meters, a ride in the cable car is a must. The ropeway covers a 1.3 kilometers ride that offers great scenic views of the valleys. If you are lucky you might also get to see some snow covered places too. Pamper yourself as you tuck in the 8 person cabin and enjoy the awe-inspiring views as you slowly ride in the cable car. Ideal for honeymoon couples and family alike, the cable car of Solang is one of the most popular tourist destinations that gives you an experience of a lifetime. So, don’t forget to include the cable car in your Kullu Manali tour package and gift yourself a prized possession.
- Tour Around the Places- Kullu Manali has loads of places to visit that can amp up your travel diaries. Solang Valley and Rohtang pass are a must visit on your journey here as they spill out some breathtaking views of their snow-clad mountains lined up with green forests. Rohtang pass specifically attracts lots of tourists here and a stroll around it could give you a great evening. The hot springs in another spot worth mentioning that gives you a unique feel. Nature lovers can drop in the Himalayan National Park to view the diverse range of flora and fauna. Additionally there are umpteen monasteries that spell out the architectural beauty of the bygone era. Religious lovers can visit the Hadimba temple which holds religious importance amongst the locals here.
- Experience the Countryside- For those who want to enjoy sights of the countryside in its purest form, Kullu Manali offers many such platforms. Walk through the terrains witnessing the beauty of mountains covered with snow, some greenery dotting them and streams making their way out. The meadows offer a pleasant sight to behold. Additionally, you might get a chance to get insights into the village life of the locals. Staying in cottages with lip-smacking food is yet another experience that adds to the touch of countryside appeal. The place also offers ample chances for taking photographs. Away from the hustle-bustle of the city, the countryside experience is a special one, as it allows you time to unravel and soul search for yourself making it one of the most desirable reasons to travel here.
- Crazy Adventure in Solang Valley- Solang Valley is a fantastic place which is home to various crazy adventure sports. The hilly terrains make it suitable for trekking and hiking offering gorgeous views on their way up. Adventure enthusiasts can unravel their curious side by indulging in camping and river crossing. Further, Wildlife lovers can opt for Jeep Safari to explore the varied species here. Some of the crazy things like snowboarding, snow scooters and quad biking can be enjoyed when the snow covers this area in the form of a blanket. Exhilarating experiences are vouched for in activities like zip lining, rappelling, Angling, Zorbing and paragliding which are very special and promise to give you memorable moments that you will cherish in a lifetime.
- The Ever Popular Rohtang Pass- The ever popular Rohtang pass deserves a mention here as it offers spectacular views of the Lahal valley and Chandra river giving you a poster-like feel. Glacier and snow clad peaks are some of the common sites that can be witnessed here. Further, the twin peaks of the famous Geypan are also visible from here, making it worth visiting. Located on the watershed between the Chenab and Beas river basin, the Rohtang pass gives you breathtaking views which are indelible. Generally, open from June to October, you can find your way through it via hikes and treks. Apart from sightseeing you can enjoy pleasant snow activities while on your trip here. Sledge rides and skiing are some of the activities which are worth mentioning.
- Enjoy the Beauty of Beas River- Beas river offers a quaint view with its crystal clear waters that shine like a blue canvass. You can sit on the banks of the river and enjoy the gurgling sound which has a rhythmic fervor. The river also presents itself as a good water rafting option which forms a must do activity here with your loved ones. White water rafting to be precise is the water sports adventure that is widely practiced here with trained experts available to help you raft your way through the water. Do ensure to wear proper clothes while rafting and experience an amazing aura. Photographers will also get ample backgrounds to capture the essence of the scenic beauty and review wonderful surroundings. And while you are here, you can also take a dip into the cold clear waters.