Justice of the peace Ibrahim Emmanuel of a Kaduna Main Magistrates court docket has sentenced Bayo Oluwatobi, a vacation agent to 10 months imprisonment for N1.5 million rip-off.
The Magistrate convicted Mr. Oluwatobi on Wednesday just after he pleaded responsible to the cost proffered towards him.
What transpired in court docket
Mr. Frank Raymond had laid a complaint that Mr. Oluwatobi fraudulently attained N1.5million from him beneath the pretence of acquiring a French visa and ticket for him.
Nevertheless, the convict unsuccessful to deliver the ticket to help Mr. Raymond to vacation as planned.
The prosecution counsel, Inspector Chidi Leo argued that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 314 and 287 of the Penal Code of Kaduna Condition 2017.
News carries on right after this advertisement
Providing judgement, Magistrate Emmanuel, requested the defendant to pay out the sum of N1.5 million as payment to Mr. Raymond, the complainant.
Next his responsible plea, the court sentenced him to 10 months imprisonment with the choice of having to pay N20, 000 high-quality.
In scenario you skipped it
- Nairametrics experienced earlier claimed how an American allegedly defrauded two Nigerians of $368,698 below the pretext of procuring them eco-friendly cards.
- The defendant in the situation, Mr. Marco Ramirez, was charged to courtroom by the Financial and Financial Crimes Commision (EFCC) on an amended nine-count charge bordering on obtaining cash below false pretences.
- In May, Justice of the peace Emmanuel arraigned one particular Suleiman Farouq, a 33-year-old civil servant for allegedly defrauding 15 job seekers of N3.2million.
- The defendant had promised to safe careers for the 15 work seekers immediately after proclaiming to be an agent for the Point out Interior Earnings Provider.
- After convincing the work seekers to shell out N213,000 every single in purchase to assistance protected employment for them, he in no way secured the occupation for them nor did he return their cash.