The very first locations that come to mind when we think about hill stations are Shimla and then Manali. Exotic as their names are, the spots are ideal for spending your summers in the cool vibes that are signature to this location. A feeling of tranquility is endowed as one sits amidst the lap of nature that includes snow-clad mountains, green patches of meadows and gurgling river bodies. While the places of sightseeing are numerous, Shimla and Manali also offer great opportunities for indulging in adventurous activities like rafting, skiing and paragliding. And in case you are wondering where to start from, here we present a list of seven awesome adventure sports which you can easily try out on your tour to these amazing locations.
- Rafting At Tattapani, Shimla- One thing which is a must when you are planning a trip to Shimla is to include water rafting. Tattapani is located approximately 60 kilometers away from Shimla. An ideal sport for all the adventurous enthusiasts, Tattapani sets the perfect platform for pursuing white water rafting in the rapids of Sutlej River. You can enjoy the thrills of this amazing water sports activity with your loved ones. Generally, the starting point of rafting is Lori and the end point is Chaba. Different options are available for rafting including the 6km, 12km and the 24 km trail which can take approximately three to four hours for completion. Choose one as per your desire and be assured to have an enthralling experience. Guides are there to help you at every step providing you with jackets and other tips to keep you safe during your rafting. White water rafting is an experience of a lifetime and hence do include this thrilling activity in your Shimla Manali tour package
- Paragliding At Kangra Valley, Shimla-. A famous spot for sports activities, Kangra Valley offers the best option for paragliding. Cited as a UNESCO heritage site, Kangra offers some mesmerizing views creating the perfect backdrop for activities like paragliding. Swoop in and witness the land below you as you sway away in the skies like a free bird. You can either get trained by experts and try your own solo journey or work in tandem with guides who will accompany you throughout your paragliding experience. Options are also available for group paragliding though you may have to plan this in advance. As you enjoy flying, lay your eyes on the lush green landscapes, frothing waters and magnificent mountains. The views are just breathtaking and will surely entice your every breath. Do ensure to wear tight fitting clothes and proper accessories while trying this adventure.
- Hike to Jakhoo Hill, Shimla-Want to reach and peak a view from the highest point in Shimla? Then a hike to Jakhoo hill is mandatory. Located at a whopping height of 2455 m above the sea level, the trek to Jakhoo hill is steep, exhaustive as well as exciting. Walk up your way through the lanes where you greet monkeys all the way through. You can also lay your eyes on the plush greenery that speaks of scenic beauty. Before you start your trek, you will be scanned through a chart that points out the fitness factor required for acing the trek. Once you reach the top, you will observe the Jakhoo temple which is home to the largest Hanuman statue in the world. Situated at the height of 8000 feet the statue is simply breathtaking. Locals believe that Lord Hanuman had taken rest here on his journey to get the Sanjeevani booti. Try out this hike for yourself as it will give you plenty of memories to cherish.
- River Rafting – Fight The Gushing Waters, Manali- When in Manali, you must definitely experience the river rafting. Spread over 20 kilometers of stretch, the beas river offers the best of platforms for an ideal rafting journey. And yes, you can raft all through the year, though in chills the activity receives less footfall. Pirdi and Jhiri are the locations from where one can start their rafting tour. Whether you are a newbie or have tried this activity beforehand, the gushing waters of beas, offers challenging opportunities for both. Just sway your way out and get submerged in the chill rapids. Guides are available to help you throughout the tour ensuring you have the right clothes on and have the accessories set up at apt locations. As for photography, you can reach out to designated photographers who are available at different spots. Enjoy your adrenalin rush as you raft away with your loved ones.
- Paragliding – Bird’s Eye View, Manali- Manali is a beautiful place for paragliding as it offers a beautiful landscape that can be viewed as one slowly glances their way down. There are plethoras of locations where one can go paragliding. Solang Valley is the most obvious choice as it is crowded with sports enthusiasts. Fatru is yet another location which is less populated and hence there are many people who prefer here for diving into this activity. Many Paragliders who have had one time experience sometimes come here to try out their solo journey of thirty minutes. On your trek to Parvati hill, you will come across the Bijli Mahadev where you can paraglide and watch the beautiful Parvati river. If you want to catch the sites of Dhauladhar range, Marhi is your spot for paragliding. Overall, Manali is a great choice to leverage your adventurous side and promises to offer you a paragliding experience that you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Skiing – Play Around The Snow, Manali- Manali , the hill station becomes a snow bed during the winter chills. Visit the famous Rohtang Pass or the Solang Valley and witness beds of snow which sets the perfect backdrop for skiing. Wear your helmet and tinted glasses and ski down the snow in an exciting manner. There are various ski operators available in these spots but you should review them carefully before finalizing your tour operator, who can guide you through the process and for those who are aware of the sport; the area is your playground. Ski away as you enjoy the snow in its purest form. The best time to go for ski is between February to April. You can opt for short trail of 7 kilometers or long trails of 14 kilometers to enjoy the pristine white snow as you nicely maneuver along the thick formations of snow. Price of skiing is also very affordable making it an apt choice for unleashing your sports enthusiasm.